Working with Duke Energy
Thank you for choosing to work with Duke Energy’s Transmission Asset Protection and Facility Relocation team.
Contact your local asset protection specialist with your plans to purchase real estate, build or develop landscape, or take any other action that impacts Duke Energy's easement or right of way. This includes all residential and commercial building, engineering, landscaping, grading, lighting, utilities, erosion control and overall site plans.
Steps after Asset Protection has evaluated project conflicts:
- Scope Development Phase (8-16 Weeks)
- 1 - Customer Submits Application and Plans
- 2 - $2,500 Application Fee Invoiced to Customer
- 3 - Feasibility Study
- 4 - Duke Energy / Customer Meetings
- Engineering Phase (24-36 Weeks)
- 5 - Conceptual Design
- 6 - Detail Design
- Procurement Phase (Time Determined by Project Dependencies)
- 7 - Procurement of Materials
- Construction Phase (20-48 Weeks)
- 8 - Pre-Construction
- 9 - Construction
- Closeout Phase (24-26 Weeks)
- 10 - Project Closeout
For facility relocation requests within FDOT, County, or City/Municipality Right-of-Way, please submit a Request For Estimate.